Recipe type: Dessert
This Apple Tart is a British food recipe made with a puff pastry.
- 1 frozen puff pastry
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- unsalted butter
- For the pastry cream:
- 2 pints of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5.3 oz sugar
- 3.5 oz corn starch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Reserve one cup of milk. Boil the rest of the milk with cinnamon, lemon and sugar. Stir continuously to prevent sticking. When the milk boils remove from the fire.
- Mix the separated cup of milk with 3.5 ounces of corn starch and yolks, beating vigorously so everything is well dissolved.
- Remove cinnamon and slowly add the yolk and cornstarch mixture, stirring. Beat vigorously with the whisk and let stand until cool.
- Grease cake pan with butter. Add puff pastry to pan. Cover the puff pastry with the cold cream.
- Add apple slices over cream overlapping slices slightly. Sprinkle the apples with butter pieces.
- Bake 30 minutes.