Recipe type: Dessert
These scones are a British food recipe with raisins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk (enough to make a stiff dough)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with your fingers as lightly as possible until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Stir in sugar. Add the egg and mix with a fork. Gradually stir in the milk or buttermilk to form a stiff dough. Mix in raisins.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out until it is ¾-inch thick. Cut into 2-inch circles with a cookie cutter or the rim of a small drinking glass.
- Place scones on a greased, floured cookie sheet and bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 10 minutes or until the tops are light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Serve while still warm with whipped cream.