Roast Beef with Roasted Potatoes
Recipe type: Entree
Roast Beef with Roasted Potatoes is a British food recipe.
- 4 lbs boneless sirloin roast, rolled and tied
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 6 potatoes, peeled, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over roast. Place roast on a wire rack in an open roasting pan with the fat side on top. Add potatoes around roast. Dot with shortening. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast so that the top of the thermometer does not touch any fat.
- Roast the beef on the middle rack of the oven for 2 hours or until the meat thermometer registers that roast is done.