Recipe type: Dessert
Summer Pudding is a British food recipe of fruits surrounded by bread and syrup.
- 1 package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 loaf sliced white bread, several days old
- whipped cream
- Stir all fruit and sugar together in a large bowl. (Allow frozen fruit to defrost thoroughly.
- Cut the crusts off as many bread slices as you will need to line a deep 2-quart bowl. Line the bowl with bread and pour in fruit mixture and juices. Cover the top completely with more bread slices.
- Put a plate that is fits inside the rim of the bowl over top of the pudding. Press the plate down firmly with something heavy to rest on it. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the weight and plate.
- To unmold pudding, place a serving plate upside down on top of the bowl. Then, grasping the plate and bowl firmly, turn them over quickly. The pudding should slide easily onto the plate. If it doesn’t, slide a knife blade around the inside edge to loosen it. Serve with fresh whipped cream.